Monday, January 24, 2011

Lions, and tigers, and bears...

My mom came up with the brilliant idea to go to the Phoenix Zoo this last Saturday. I was excited because, one Emery loved it the first time she went, two David had never been and three Emery coincidentally was wearing her Put Me In The Zoo shirt that morning so she fit in quite nicely.

First time on the carousel and she rode it like a pro. She was the youngest one on there and she loved it the most. She waved to Dave and I each time she went by.

I have been to the zoo a dozen times and have NEVER seen the lion. Well guess what, I did this time. And the lioness was lying on a rock like she owned the joint. Let's be honest, she probably does.

And this is Dave and I's first picture since you can really tell I am pregnant. Interesting. Or not.

We had a blast and did it all in about 2 and a half hours. Sadly a lot of exhibits were closed due to construction for better habitats. That is great for the animals though. I am excited to try to go back in April when they bring back the orangutans. Emery calls them "dad."

1 comment:

Alexis Kaye said...

I love this! You and your pregnant belly are so cute! ;)